The first Full Moon of 2022 falls in the intuitive, sensitive sign of Cancer. Cancer is represented by the crab, and reminds us of the importance of feeling at home within ourselves.
As this is the first Full Moon of the year it’s a powerful time to release and let go of all that we no longer wish to carry into the new year. This ritual is designed to be soothing, restorative, but also help you to shake off any heaviness.
You can get the full forecast for this January Cancer Full Moon here.
Cancer Full Moon Ritual January 2022
This ritual is best done between January 13-26, 2022
You will need:
- Aura cleansing tool of choice (crystal wand, herb sticks, bells, etc.)
- Pen and paper
- Bowl of water
- Soul Soothing Meditation
- Blanket and/or heat pack already warmed
- Cancer Full Moon Tarot Reading 2022
1.) Begin by cleansing your aura using your tool of choice. As you cleanse, feel free to recite the following affirmation-
“I lift away all that is heavy, releasing myself from all I no longer need. I am light in my being. I release all that prevents me from being true to myself. I am light. I am aligned. I am radiant in my being.”
Next, cleanse your surroundings along with your ritual ingredients. As you do, feel free to recite the following affirmation-
“All that is heavy, all that is dense, all that is sluggish, release it now from my space. Allow healing to take its place. Allow this space and these ritual ingredients to be cleansed to their purest state. Allow this space to radiate peace, love, and light. Thank you.”
2.) Take your pen and paper and begin writing down 10 things you wish to release and let go of from your life. You can use the prompts below as a guide, or you can simply write whatever is most relevant to you –
- I would like to release control of…I choose to release this now.
- I give away my power when….I choose to relase this now.
- I find myself playing small when…I choose to release this now.
- I fear…I choose to release this now.
- I forgive myself for…I choose to release this now.
- I release myself from…I choose to release this now.
- I feel powerless when….I choose to release this now.
- I have tension in my body about…I choose to release this now.
- I feel anxious about…I choose to release this now.
- I feel ashamed about…I choose to release this now.
3.) Take your paper(s) and light them using the matches/lighter. Please be careful when you do this. When the paper begins to burn place it in the bowl of water. (You do not need to burn the papers completely, just a bit is fine.)
4.) Leave the papers in the bowl of water while you prepare for your meditation. Be sure there are no active flames.
5.) Take your warm heat pack and place it over your belly, back, chest, or anywhere else that could use some soothing. Lie down with your blanket and begin the soul-soothing meditation. Allow this meditation to bring total ease and restoration to your body, mind, and soul.
6.) When the meditation is complete, go outside under the light of the Moon and pour the water and the papers into the earth. (If you can’t do this step where you are, it is fine to discard the water in the drain and the papers in the recycling.)
7.) Close the ritual with your Cancer Full Moon Tarot Reading 2022.