Being on this spiritual journey I have opened myself to many ideas and concepts however, ascension symptoms is just one of those things that I haven’t been able to wrap my head around.
Ascension symptoms are used to classify an experience in which you soul is evolving or moving on to a higher spiritual frequency. When this happens, many believe that you experience a set of symptoms ranging from feeling irritable to night sweats, headaches, depression and nausea.
I have done quite a bit of reading on the philosophies and theories behind the symptoms and even wondered if I myself was experiencing them, but something still seems to feels off about it for me.
Firstly, I believe that physical ailments and symptoms are the souls way of communicating with through the body. I always feel there is a spiritual or emotional reason for diseases and illnesses. Sometimes the emotional or spiritual factor is small, and other times it plays a more dominant role depending on the condition and the situation.
While I do believe that we are here on earth to develop and ascend our consciousness, I am not sure I believe that there is a set of symptoms that define this.
I do feel however, when a shift or change in our lives is needed, our physical body will start giving us clues. For example if you are stressed out about your job, maybe every morning before work your body will begin getting tense or anxious.
While this is a really simple example, I feel that these so called “ascension symptoms” are often caused by the emotional and spiritual implications of needing to shift in your life.
Perhaps it’s time to move on from that job that is causing you to feel so stressed. Could this feeling be indicative of ascension? Or is it simply the bodies way of just reminding you that you need to make a change?
When we listen to our bodies and essentially, our souls, it does help us to evolve spiritually. Perhaps all these physical symptoms we experience do help us to grow and move through to a higher consciousness, but can these symptoms be purely just because our body is ascending?
I believe that being stuck in life and experiencing the emotional and spiritual implications of this cause us to manifest physical conditions which when addressed, help us make much needed changes and move us to a better, more conscious place. Perhaps this is the true ascension process.
For those of you interested in knowing what ascension symptoms are and a brief reasoning, here is a list of the most common:
- Feeling stressed or under a lot of pressure: this is to create more energetic space within you.
- Depression: this is to remove the dark, past life and “skeletons” in the closet.
- Anxiety/Hysteria: indicative of loss of ego or identity
- Constant Hunger or Lack of Appetite: your body is needing more fuel and also learning how to not rely on food
- Aches and Pains especially in the upper back: believed to be the “sprouting of wings” and the removing of energetic blocks.
- Nausea/Diarrhea: a literal purging of all that needs to be let go of
- Deep sleep or waking up at the same time every night: going through this process your body needs to rest, waking up during the night is indicative of creation and being in touch with other beings.
- Feeling Emotional: another sign that the “letting go” process is occurring and that you are becoming more empathetic with the world.
- Night sweats: a sign your body is moving to a higher vibration
- Feeling very cold: this is a sign your body is preparing to move up
- Vivd Dreams: this is believed to be part of the process of releasing energies and past life trauma
- Memory Loss: forgetting who you are, where you are going- all part of the process of finding the new you.
- Seeing and hearing things: as you become more sensitive, you may begin to hear or see things or get ringing in the ears.
- Loss of passion for life: part of the re-aligning process
- A wanting to go “home”: you feel your connection to the Source and want to return.
- Change in friends/locations/jobs: all part of your new, higher-self journey
- Heightened sensitivity: inability to tolerate technology, crowds or bright lights
- Facing your fears: perhaps it seems that all your deepest fears have manifested and you must work your way through them.
I believe these symptoms turn up in our lives when we need to make a change or shift and yes, by doing this we can “ascend” our consciousness. I do not believe however, that they just appear as a product of us ascending.
Ascension is not an illness, there are no finite “symptoms” that we have to tolerate. Sure growing and letting go of things can be tough but if we feel things emotionally and spiritually its only natural that we will feel them physically.
These symptoms are purely just the souls ways of communicating with us through our body. We don’t have to endure them to ascend, and neither do we just ascend from experiencing them.
Ascension happens in different ways for different people and if you are experiencing these so-called “symptoms” perhaps you should just tune in to what your soul is trying to communicate to you and listen, the answer may just surprise you.