January 2018 is a busy month that starts off with a Super Full Moon on the 1st-2nd and ends with a Blue Moon Lunar Eclipse on the 31st.
While all of this energy will be kickstarting the new year ahead, it will also be reminding us to bring closure to the year gone by.
Full Moon’s always represent a time of completion and releasing, and seeing as this Full Moon falls in the watery sign of Cancer, we are being asked to cleanse and release all that prevents us from truly loving ourselves.
Cancer energy represents nourishment, intuition, and self-care, and on this Super Full Moon we will all have to tune into that softer, intuitive voice within and take care of our mind, body and spirit.
This ritual is designed to help you do just that, and will help to cleanse and release all energy that is no longer yours to carry.
This ritual will also help you to shed the dead weight of the year gone by, so you can welcome and embrace the new energies of 2018.
Cancer Super Full Moon Cleansing Ritual 2018
This ritual is best done just before showering from the 31st December to the 7th January 2018.
You will need:
- Sage or another smudging tool of your choice
- Jug/Bowl of water
- Your favorite blend of essential oils (you can also use dried herbs and flowers)
1. Light your sage and begin smudging your aura, starting at the top of your head. Wave the smoke around your whole body making sure not to forget the back of your neck and the bottom of your feet. As you smudge yourself, recite the following affirmation three times-
“I cleanse and release all energy that is no longer mine to carry. I shed and clear myself of any pains of the past and release myself from any guilts or regrets that are weighing me down. I cleanse myself so I am light and free. I cleanse myself with light and loving energy.”
2. Once cleansed, get your bowl or jug and fill it with water. Into the water add your own essential oils, dried flowers or herbs. To choose the perfect blend of oils/herbs etc. place your hand over your heart and say to yourself-
“Intuition please guide me to the perfect blend of herbs, flowers and oils that will lift my spirits, cleanse me of any pains and heal my mind, body and soul.”
Then trust whatever ingredients you feel drawn to.
3. Gently stir the water in the bowl using your finger and repeat the following affirmation nine times (feel free to write your own too)-
“I seal this water with the power of self love. I seal this water with the wisdom and power that comes from within. I am strong, I am light. I deserve to love myself. I deserve to be happy. I deserve to let go of any pains and to see the beauty in all of life. I am strong. I am light. I love myself.”
After reciting the affirmation nine times, clap loudly 3 times. Clapping can help to remove any negative energy and can help to seal the intention of your affirmation.
4. Once the water has been infused by your affirmation, take it into the shower/bath with you. In your mind keep repeating- “I love you” or another powerful self-loving affirmation.
Pour the water over your body allowing it to infuse into you. Imagine it soaking away all your troubles and cleansing you so you feel loved and inspired for the year ahead. You can then shower as normal. Discard any remaining herbs/flowers in the garden or compost.
Happy Full Moon!
You may like: