Venus and Mars will align in the sky on August 24, 2019, at 4 degrees of Virgo, shining down creativity and activating soulmate and twin flame contracts.
While they come together on August 24, we are going to feel this energy for about a week on either side of this date.
Venus represents sacred feminine energy. This energy goes beyond gender and lives within all of us and all of nature. It is represented by wavy lines, running water, and the process of flowing. It is that intuitive whisper, that tear trickling down the cheek, that open heart, and the wanderer’s journey. It is a cool breeze, the sound of rain, the Moon, and the dark night sky.
Mars represents sacred masculine energy. This energy also goes beyond gender and lives with all of us and all of nature. It is represented by straight lines, still water, and the process of scheduling and organizing. It is our rational mind, the ability to speak our truth, and the stability and security we need to survive this 3D world. It is the warm Sun, the bright blue sky, and the feeling of accomplishment as we close our eyes at the end of the day.
Feminine and Masculine energy work hand in hand. They are the yin and the yang of life and we need both to feel balanced.
Mars and Venus are always with us, but when they come together, we experience a rebirth of their energies and a new awakening of both the feminine and masculine energies within us.
With this awakening, it is going to help us shift our attitudes towards our sexuality, our relationships, our creativity, and the feminine and masculine principles within.
Venus and Mars meet every two years or so, but the last time they aligned in Virgo was back in November 2015. You can look back to this time to see how your attitudes around these areas have grown and transformed.
Venus and Mars coming together is also going to active soulmate and twin flame contracts. You can read more about my take on twin flames and soulmates here and here, but this is how we may see this activation manifesting-
- We may encounter a soulmate or twin flame.
- We may enter into a new romantic relationship.
- We may experience spiritual awakenings that are inspired or triggered by a romantic partner.
- We may end relationships that are no longer serving us or that we have outgrown.
- Someone significant may exit our lives as a signal that it’s time for us to start a new chapter.
- We may gain insights or confirmation on the soulmates or twin flames in our lives.
- Soulmate or twin flame wounds may emerge for healing.
- More soulmates and twin flames will awaken and arrive on Earth.
- The definition of soulmates and twin flames may also evolve and new insights on these special souls may come forward.
Venus and Mars aligning in the sign of Virgo is also going to activate our creative spark and give us a boost of motivation when it comes to kickstarting or completing any projects.
Venus and Mars aligning at 4 degrees of Virgo is also significant in its own way.
The Sabian Symbol for 4 degrees of Virgo is – “A man dreaming of fairies.” Representing a time to dream, a time of fairytales and fantasy, and a time for us to connect with nature spirits.
Venus and Mars aligning is the ultimate creative force, but together they are also playful, much like the nature spirits that surround us.
Nature spirits oversee the laws of the natural world but they are also known for their fun, lighthearted, and somewhat mischevious energy. They like to hide under leaves and behind trees, and are usually attracted to the laughter of children.
It can be easy to dismiss the notion of Nature spirits, but you can think of them as representing the spirit of nature or the elements.
The next time you are deep in nature and have some quiet time alone, ask the nature spirits to show themselves to you. See for yourself whether or not they exist. Who knows what you may encounter!
Venus and Mars aligning is a time to create, to play, and to merge with the spirit of nature. It is a time to remember that through all the chaos of life, and the heartache it contains, Mother Earth is a beautiful, expansive place with the perfect balance of feminine and masculine energy contained within.
All through nature, we can observe the masculine and feminine principles, the yin and the yang. It is only in our human selves that we have forgotten the importance of this balance.
If you are looking to balance yourself with either feminine or masculine energies here are a few tips:
Bringing in more Venus/feminine energy:
- Take a yin yoga class
- Take slow, deep breaths
- Practice listening to your intuition
- Spend time near water
- Charge crystals under the Moon
- Connect with the phases of the Moon
- Do some heart-opening exercises
- Spend time meditating in nature
- Read, write poetry, or write fantasy stories
- Eat raw foods and limit animal products
- Reflect and spend time alone
- Disregard lists such as these and just do what you feel
Bringing in more Mars/masculine energy:
- Do strength training, aerobics or another vigorous form of exercise
- Journal or write letters to get what’s on your mind out on paper
- Set plans and make goals
- Do some grounding exercises
- Charge crystals under the Sun
- Spend time hiking or being active in nature
- Assert yourself or put yourself out there
- Meditate under the Sun (with SPF on of course)
- Do puzzles or other word games
- Eat warm, spicy foods
- Spend time with friends
- Adopt a “can do” attitude
- Consult lists such as these
Venus and Mars coming together is a rare treat, and a time of unity. It is like the sperm fertilizing the egg, the two cosmic lovers coming in for that fated first kiss, it is the symbol for the yin and yang of the Universe.
Use this energy to find your balance, your creativity, and your motivation. Use it to remind yourself that you too are a spirit of Nature and connected to the elements around you.
Venus and Mars will next meet in July 2021.