Mystical Mother Moon travels through a cycle every month. She goes from new to full, from darkness to light all within a space of 28-30 days.
In astrology, the Moon is connected to our emotions, intuition, feelings of security, maternal energy, creativity and our potential.
When the Moon is Full, we often feel all of this energy on the strongest and most deepest level.
In fact, as Mother Moon moves through her cycle we will feel her energy affecting our lives in different ways-
- New Moon: on a New Moon we enter the energy of creation. It is the perfect time to plant a seed, set our intentions and make a wish out to the Universe. During this time our psychic energy is high and we may feel feelings of solitude.
- Waxing Moon: following a New Moon, a waxing moon helps us to begin taking action on our goals, dreams and wishes and brings experiences into our lives that help us to grow.
- Full Moon: the Full Moon represents the most powerful point in the cycle, it is a time of high energy and high power and is a time to release and let go of all that no longer serves you, in order to welcome in the new. In the cycle of death and rebirth, the Full Moon represents the starting of the death.
- Waning Moon: following a Full Moon, the waning moon gives us time to go within and reflect on where we are and where we are going. This is the moment just before the rebirth and helps us to reflect on our emotions and who we are. Revelations can occur and our intuition can be strong.
Full Moon’s are really harvest time, a time for you to reap all that you have sown in the last month and to finally release and let go of things that no longer serve you.
In many ways, Full Moon’s allow you to cut down what you no longer need and to benefit from all the hard work you have put in to manifesting during the New Moon.
Full Moon’s are a potent time, and on a deeper level they activate us to merge with our full potential. They also help us to see things in a new light and often they can reveal things to us.
On the New Moon you are surrounded by darkness, but on the Full Moon your entire being is surrounded by the light and this helps you to see things with a clearer perspective and helps you to take action in order to move forward.
If you want to make use of the Full Moon energy in your life, here is a ritual you can perform-
Full Moon Letting Go Ritual
This ritual is perfect for letting go and releasing all that no longer serves you.
You will need:
- A small bowl of water
- 1 blue or white candle
- Paper and pen
- Sage for burning
- Find a sacred space, preferably under the light of the Full Moon where you will not be disturbed
- Smudge your aura and your area using the sage or any other cleansing medium that you prefer
- Light the candle and give thanks to Mother Moon, have your bowl of water near the candle
- Write down on the paper all that no longer serves you or things that you want to release. This could include attitudes, emotions, relationship ties, illness, habits, addictions, etheric cords etc.
- State what you want to release aloud and take a deep breath, as you exhale imagine whatever you want to let go floating away
- Place the paper into the candle (be safe!) and watch it burn. When it becomes too hot to touch, drop it into the water.
- Once the paper has become soggy, throw the water and paper into the garden. If your paper doesn’t dissolve you can also throw it away.
- Be sure to thank the Moon and the Universe after your ritual is completed
You can adapt this ritual to suit your needs and your own intuition. There is no right or wrong here, so just go with the flow and see what inspirations come to you.
You can also charge your crystals under the light of the Full Moon as reminders throughout the month of what you are releasing and choosing to let go of.
Because the Full Moon also represents light and potential, you can also charge up your crystals with this vibration as well.
You can read more about how to charge your crystals here.
Happy Full Moon!
Full Moon Dates for 2016 (EST):
- January 23rd
- February 22nd
- March 23rd
- April 22nd
- May 21st
- June 20th
- July 19th
- August 18th
- September 16th
- October 16th
- November 14th
- December 13th