Earlier this year we had many many planets shift into retrograde.
Mars was the main star of the retrograde cycle this year, but many other planets, including Saturn have also been retrograde for most of the year.
Certain planets have a stronger effect when they go retrograde, which is why they get most of the attention.
Saturn retrograde however, is not really felt until the cycle is complete, this is because Saturn works on a deeper, subconscious level rather than on a surface level. This is different compared to Mars for example, who works more on a conscious, outer-level.
While a planet like Mars will have similar effects for most people while in retrograde, a planet like Saturn will manifest differently for different people.
Saturn has been retrograde since March 25, 2016 and has been moving through the sign of Sagittarius.
On August 13, Saturn is going to move direct and it is likely at this time, you are going to come to some sort of understanding as to what Saturn has been trying to teach you.
All planets are teachers, but Saturn’s lessons are often the most well thought-out, the most planned and often some of the hardest. This is because Saturn so desperately wants you to understand the lesson the first time so you can graduate and move on to bigger and better things.
Saturn is like the strict teacher at school, but as long as you study and do the work, you should have no problem passing Saturn’s class.
Saturn is very fair, but the problem arises when people are too afraid to do the work. Often Saturn triggers our fears so we can work up the courage to move past them and this can be very confronting.
When Saturn is in retrograde, he will be helping us to bring up some of those fears that need to be cleansed so we can move forward to new levels.
We are always going to have fears, so we have to trust that whatever fears Saturn is bringing during a retrograde are the ones that are no longer serving us. They are the ones that we have outgrown and are ready to shed.
Saturn will push you, but he is not going to make you release anything that you are not ready to release.
If fears, doubts, concerns or blocks have been brought to your attention since March of this year, early August should highlight the fact that you finally need to get rid of them.
Mars retrograde would have stolen the show for most of Saturn’s retrograde, so it may have been difficult to really know what Saturn was trying to teach you.
Now that Mars has settled down and Saturn is getting ready to move out of retrograde, your Saturn lesson should be shining brightly and clearly for you to see.
Saturn will be allowing you to re-visit the past and dig up old barriers in order to assess their relevancy.
Saturn will also be guiding you to perhaps take more responsibility for your life and the energy that you have been putting out into the world.
It really depends where Saturn is in your natal astrology chart, however these are the possible manifestations of Saturn’s lesson for 2016-
- Learning how to take responsibility for an area of your life that no longer feels good or makes sense.
- Moving through old, outdated habits from your past, particularly in areas surrounding love and relationships.
- Learning who to trust and perhaps seeing the truth revealed about someone close to you.
- Strengthening your intuition or learning how to trust and believe in yourself more.
- Experiencing “failure” so you can work out where you need to focus your attention, particularly in your career.
- Adjusting your work- life balance and creating more time for creativity and relaxation.
- Assessing the power struggles in your life and whether you are seeking power out of fear.
- Facing your insecurities or fears in order to be free of them.
- Finding a new sense of independence and not relying on others, perhaps you may have even been let down by someone.
- Feeling the need to withdraw or spend time alone.
- Releasing self-criticism or feeling exhausted from the stress or pressure you place on yourself.
As you can see there are many ways that Saturn’s retrograde could have been shaping and affecting your life, but all should become clear as Saturn goes direct on August 13, 2016.
Stay aware of what feelings and emotions surface around this time. It is your last day in Saturn’s class so whatever you have needed to learn from Saturn will finally be presented, and you will have a deeper understanding of what the last few months have all been about.
This is a potent time and one that will guide you as to what is in store for the months ahead. You may even feel lighter and more relaxed as Saturn begins moving direct again.
And like any good teacher, Saturn is big on rewards, so as the final bell rings you should find a little present under your chair. This is a thank you from Saturn, a reward for doing all the hard work you have been doing.