On November 13th until December 14th, 2019 the planet Venus will be stretching her limits and entering into territory that astrologers refer to as “out of bounds”.
When a planet is out of bounds, it travels outside of its normal range and we feel its energy enhanced and amplified. The qualities of the planet are also more easily expressed and therefore, become easier for us to tune into.
Venus emits vibrations of love and femininity. She is the planet associated with beauty, opulence, luxury, self-care, and relationships.
She also rules over money, profits, and what we need in order to open our hearts and feel loved as we move through the world.
Venus will be out of bounds in the sign of Sagittarius and Capricorn and these signs will flavor the energy we experience during this time.
Venus Out of Bounds in Sagittarius
Venus begins her out of bounds journey in the sign of Sagittarius. Here, Venus is all about adventure and freedom. The freedom to express, to share, to laugh, and to fall in love with something new, exciting, and different.
As out of bounds Venus stretches her wings to cover uncharted ground, we too are being called to venture out of our comfort zone into new territory.
Under this energy, we can welcome in the spirit of adventure and take that leap of faith to travel where we have never been before. Learning something new, finding a mentor, or even sharing your own wisdom is all favored under this energy.
If you are feeling stuck or if an area of your life has become stagnant, this energy guides us to look outside of what we know in order to find the answers we seek.
Sometimes trying new things or traveling to new places can free us up, open our perspective, and help us to see things we couldn’t before.
Out of bounds Venus in Sagittarius, wants us to aim our arrow in a new direction of our choosing, and to trust that it will land where it needs to.
Venus Out of Bounds in Capricorn
Venus enters Capricorn on November 25th, and at this time our attention is going to turn to our boundaries. These are not just our boundaries in our relationships, but also the boundaries we may have built around our heart.
Love hurts sometimes, but that’s only because it means so much to us. To feel heartbreak is a sign that we were able to love deeply; that we were able to put our hearts out on the line, and that is always a beautiful thing.
No act of love is ever wasted, even if things didn’t turn out the way they were supposed to. All love serves a purpose, all love helps to change and shift the world in ways we can’t always fathom.
As out of bounds Venus works through Capricorn, take a moment to assess your boundaries. Are you being too guarded when it comes to love? Are you protecting yourself too fiercely?
Keep opening your heart even though you fear it may break. Keep stretching your limits when it comes to love, for just like our minds, a heart expanded can never go back to its original size.
A big heart can be a strong heart too, and even though it is a great risk to expand our hearts, it is a risk worth taking, for why else did we come here if not to experience love in action?
Venus Out of Bounds Self-Care Practice
Venus is the goddess of love and loving ourselves is the most healing thing we can do.
The power to give ourselves a hug when we are feeling down, to smile at ourselves when we are feeling sad, and to nourish our bodies when we are feeling tired, is a true superpower.
During the Venus out of bounds phase, try 3-4 of these self-care practices every day:
- Drink a glass of water upon waking – for added results, charge it up with a crystal, like amethyst or clear quartz.
- Close your eyes and breathe deeply for 2 minutes, focusing on the rise and fall of your belly or try the 444 breath- breathe in for 4 counts, hold for 4 counts, exhale for 4 counts.
- Wear your favorite outfit and make the time to do your hair in a style that makes you feel good.
- Spend time walking in nature or doing some exercise.
- Eat nourishing meals that make you feel good. Don’t make yourself feel guilty if you want some comfort food. If you are going to eat it, you may as well enjoy it guilt-free!
- Run a warm bath and fill it with your favorite essential oils and salts and/or do a hair or face mask.
- Try something new and exciting- start a new class, plan a trip somewhere exotic, try a new cuisine, etc.
- Recite your favorite mantra or read an inspirational passage from one of your favorite books (try my book, The Power of Positive Energy!)
- Meditate on the idea that you are not your thoughts or the events that happen to you.
- Go to bed an hour earlier so you can catch up on rest.
- Don’t hold back if you feel called to express loving kindness to those around you, a stranger passing by, animals, plants, or yourself!
Venus was last out of bounds from May 5-June 7, 2018 and will go out of bounds again in April 2020.
How to Open and Clear Blocks in Your Heart Chakra
How to Open and Lead with the Heart
How to Tune into your Intuition for an Immediate Answer