Energy Vampires are regular people who have allowed their vibration to become so low that they need to “feed off” another’s energy in order to function and feel satisfied.
They do this by constantly seeking attention, reassurance and by creating a lot of drama.
They are also prone to:
- Playing the victim
- Never taking responsibility for their actions
- Getting their way using guilt or manipulation
- Complaining in order to get sympathy
- Gossiping or creating drama
- Not returning favors or giving back
- Responding from their ego
We are all energetic beings, so when our energy is constantly depleted and is not restored, it weakens our vibration. If we are not aware or conscious, this weaker vibration over time can cause us to turn into Energy Vampires. (A harsh way to describe someone I know, but we can all be prone to ‘energy sucking’ at different points in our lives.)
Usually Energy Vampires have been drained of their energy by-
- Ignoring or neglecting their own needs
- Giving away too much of their time and attention to helping others
- Negative Spirits or Attachments
- Being neglected as a child
- Traumatic life events such as a break-up, abusive relationship etc.
- Surrounding themselves with other Energy Vampires
You can usually spot an Energy Vampire by the way that you feel when you are around them.
Often you will feel very drained or depleted of energy and you may also feel physical symptoms like headaches or even stress and anxiety when you are around them.
Other signs of attack include-
- Feeling a sudden nausea or stomach ache after or before the interaction
- Feeling stabbing pains around the back, chest, neck and shoulders
- A throbbing headache or feeling “out of it”
- Feeling irritable, frustrated or angry for no real reason
- Being on edge or feeling like there is a heavy cloud over you
- Having nightmares about the person
- Anxiety, stress or guilt for no apparent reason
- Tightness in the chest or a shortness of breath
- Feeling intuitively uncomfortable around this person
If you feel two or more of these symptoms after interacting with an individual, it could be that you are experiencing a form of psychic attack which allows the Energy Vampire to take some of your energy.
The important thing to remember is that Energy Vampires are simply people who have been caught up in a cycle of negative energy. In fact, we are all prone to being an Energy Vampire at some point in our lives, so it is important to not judge or to be afraid.
No one can take your energy unless you allow them to and by putting up a stronger, positive force around you and remaining conscious of what is happening, no one will be able to drain you of your energy or effect the way you feel.
If you do feel that you are surrounded by an Energy Vampire here is what you can do to protect yourself.
- Set firm boundaries and assert yourself when appropriate
- Be compassionate, most times Energy vampires don’t know that they are doing it
- Distance yourself from the person
- Recite positive mantras and keep your thoughts positive and loving
- Keep your aura clear, clean and strong
- Wear a protective crystal or talisman
- Sage your surroundings
- Understand there is a learning experience in this for you as well
- Send yourself and the Energy Vampire light and love
- Stay emotionally strong and connected to your truth
The stronger and more positive you are within yourself, the less likely it is that you will even encounter an Energy Vampire. But if you do, or if you feel that you have been sucking other people’s energy, it may just be a gentle reminder that you need to love and respect yourself more.