I remember when the book “The Secret” came out. Like many people, that was my first understanding of the Law of Attraction.
After reading the book I decided to experiment with manifesting the things that I wanted into my everyday reality.
I made a vision board and stuck everything that I wanted on that board. Over time, a lot of guilt and shame started to pile up. I could feel it bubbling in me- “why am I asking for all of these material things?”
I was still early into my awakening at this point, but eventually whenever I started visualising it just felt wrong. “Why do I need to even ask for this stuff, I know that Spirit is always providing for me….” So I gave it all up.
A few years back I found my old vision board with all the things that I wanted to manifest in my life, and to my surprise, pretty much all of it had come to me in one form or another. Was there something to this after all?
Here is what I know about the art of manifestation –
1. Spirit Always Knows What is Best For You: this means that whatever you can dream of for yourself, spirit has something infinitely better and something that may not even be in your realm of thinking just yet.
2. You Get What You Need: this means that whatever needs to come to you will find you and whatever is not meant to come to you, will never find you.
3. You Attract Who You Are: this means that you attract into your life who you are and not what you want. You attract whatever is vibrating with your energy as a whole- this includes your mind, body and spirit.
So, how can you manifest the life you want?
You first need to BECOME the life you want. This means that you need to first change your mindset and your vibration. When you do this, you don’t even need to waste your time “manifesting” anything.
Let’s go into this deeper….
In this Universe, like attracts like. Whatever energy you put out into the Universe is mirrored back to you. This is one of the laws of the Universe and make no mistake, it is very powerful.
You can use this law to attract things into your life, but you cannot use it to create the life of your highest purpose or your highest calling. For that to occur, you need to go deeper. You need to start first aligning yourself with your Soul.
This means that you need to get in touch with the essence of who you are and go into higher realms of consciousness. You need to become authentic You and through becoming You, everything that you need will automatically be manifested in your life.
When you start operating your life from the place of your Soul, you enter into this new realm of understanding that everything that needs to come your way will come your way. This includes money, relationships, a job and so on.
So, when you are in the flow of your life and connected to your Soul, there is really no need for you to spend time visualising or manifesting anything.
You get to this place through –
- Believing in yourself
- Believing in a higher power
- Working with the energy and synchronicity of the Universe
- Raising your vibration
- Working with your Spirit Team
Of course, there are times when we all feel disconnected from our Soul and stuck with where we are in our lives. This is where manifestation can help. Manifestation can help us to believe in ourselves and in a higher power and can even raise our vibration.
If you are feeling bored or despondent about your life, visualisation can help to keep you positive and can give you a goal or destiny to shoot for.
If you want to practice or experiment with visualisation here is how to start-
1. Think about what you want to manifest in your life and write it down in just one sentence. Visualise yourself receiving whatever it is that you want. Allow yourself to visualise every detail and get clear with it. Pay attention to how the having of this thing makes you feel.
2. Once you have identified how the having of this thing makes you feel, start creating this feeling place for yourself immediately. For example, if you visualised money because you want freedom or security, start finding ways to feel secure and free right now.
3. Keep your attention focused on that feeling place and then release and surrender to the Universe. Trust that your message has been delivered and that what you want is already there, you just need to open to it.